An arm lift, also known as brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of your upper arms. If you are unhappy with the way your upper arms look, arm lift surgery may be right for you.
Types of surgeries
There are 3 types of arm lift procedures we offer our patients;
- Traditional arm lift: This type of arm lift is best for people who have a lot of excess skin and fat in their upper arms. The incision is made from the armpit to the elbow, and the excess skin and fat are removed.
- Mini arm lift: This type of arm lift is best for people who have a small amount of excess skin and fat in their upper arms. The incision is shorter than the traditional arm lift, and only the excess skin and fat are removed.
- Body contouring: This type of arm lift is best for people who want to improve the appearance of their upper arms, but also want to improve the appearance of their abdomen, thighs, or buttocks. The incisions are made in the arm pits and extend down the sides of the body. Excess skin and fat are removed from the upper arms, and the remaining skin is tightened.
Arm lift surgery is suitable for people who:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of their upper arms
- Have excess skin and fat in their upper arms
- Have good skin elasticity
- Don’t smoke
Things to consider: risks and benefits
Arm lift surgery is a major surgical procedure. You should carefully consider the risks and benefits of arm lift surgery before undergoing the procedure.
- Risks of arm lift surgery include:
- Fluid accumulation
- Numbness or changes in sensation in the upper arms
- Skin loss
- Unsatisfactory results
- Complications from anesthesia
- Benefits of arm lift surgery include:
- Improved appearance of your upper arms
- Boost in self-confidence and self-esteem
Are there any age restrictions?
There are no age restrictions for arm lift surgery. However, we generally recommend that our patients be over 18 years of age and in good physical health.
How long does it take?
Arm lift surgery takes about 2-3 hours to complete.
Is it painful?
Arm lift surgery is a major surgical procedure. You will be given general anesthesia or intravenous sedation to keep you comfortable during the procedure. You may experience some pain and discomfort after the procedure, but this can be controlled with medication.
Length of hospital stay
Most arm lift surgery patients stay in the hospital overnight.
What’s the recovery time?
Most arm lift patients take about 1-2 weeks off from work to recover from surgery. During your recovery, you should avoid lifting heavy objects or exercising strenuously. You should also avoid exposing your incisions to sunlight.
The results of arm lift surgery are long-lasting. You will see a significant improvement in the appearance of your upper arms after the procedure.
Book a consultation
If you are interested in arm lift surgery, please book a consultation with our team of experts. We will be happy to discuss the procedure with you and answer any questions you may have.
Book a call back
Let us call you back at a date and time that suits you. We’ll only call you within the selected time slot.